- There are approximately 437 agritourism businesses currently listed in our online inventory. This is believed to be only a fraction of the businesses in Texas.
- Some of the activities offered by agritourism businesness include:
- farm tours for families and school children
- day camps
- hands-on chores
- self-harvesting of produce
- hay or sleigh rides and
- overnight stays in a bed and breakfast
- corn maize
- Christmas tree farm
- The 2007 USDA census data shows that the 23,350 survey respondent farms produced $566 million in total farm income.
- This is approximately $24,239 per farm
- Nationally, income per farm from agritourism has doubled since 2002
- the largest farms involved in recreation—those with at least 1,000 acres—have the highest per farm median recreational income at $4,000
- Medium size farms—those with 250-999 acres—report the smallest recreational income at $2,500 per farm.
- Among all farms reporting recreational income, the household net worth of farm operators with recreational income is higher than average, with a median net worth of about $794,000 versus $457,000 without recreation.
The following are in PDF format:
- Agritourism Online Resources Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Agritourism Marketing Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Best Management Practices Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Agritourism Risk Management Liability (PDF)
- Agritourism Zoning & Health (PDF)
- Agritourism Associations (PDF)
- Agritourism Success Stories (PDF)
- Find Texas AgriTourism Operation
- La Copita Ranch – Texas A&M University System Research and Demonstration Ranch Offering Tours