Helping communities, landowners, businesses and travelers with nature based recreation & tourism skills, planning, development, management and marketing.
We provide educational programs for the public, private business-both for profit and non-profit, landowners, and community leaders. Nature Tourism is a term used to encompass the broad range of natural resource based recreation and tourism activities. Please make use of the resources on this site and we welcome your success stories both big and small. We also would like to hear about your needs and suggestions for content and training programs. Enjoy your Wildlife Heritage!
Texas Travel Fact
Total direct travel spending in Texas in 2010 was $57.5 billion (includes spending at destinations as well as resident air travel and travel agencies) which supported 529,000 jobs with earnings of $16.5 billion that generated $7.6 billion in federal, state and local taxes.
Find more Texas Travel Facts at http://www.traveltex.com/plan-your-trip/travel-guide/order-travel-guide.
The Recreation Economy
According to a study from the Outdoor Industry Association, nature-based tourism has a large national economic footprint (please note that the numbers below reflect national totals): For more statistics and studies, click here.
- Contributes $730 billion annually to the U.S. economy.
- Supports nearly 6.5 million jobs across the U.S.
- Generates $88 billion in annual state and national tax revenue.
- Provides sustainable growth in rural communities.
- Generates $289 billion annually in retail sales and services across the U.S.
- Touches over 8% of America’s personal consumption expenditures— more than 1 in every 12 dollars circulating in the economy.
For more information, contact Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Nature Tourism Program Director: Miles Phillips at 979-845-1023, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.