There are approximately 975 adventure tourism businesses currently listed in our online inventory. This is believed to be only a fraction of the businesses in Texas.
Some of the activities offered by adventure tourism businesses include:
- Mountain Biking
- Off Road Vehicles
- Birdwatching & Wildlife Viewing
- Camping, Tent, RV, etc.
- According to the 2006 USFWS service study there are ~23 million people in the US that travel to view wildlife.
- National expenditures by wildlife watchers is estimated to be $45.7 Billion for 2006
- Nationally average trip related expenditures are estimated at $560 per participant at $37 per day.
- Nationally 43% of households with greater than $100,000 annual income participate in wildlife viewing.
- Approximately 1 million Texas residents that travel for the primary purpose of viewing wildlife.
- The Lower Rio Grande Valley 4 county region attributes $125,000,000 in spending to nature tourism in the form of adventure experiences.
* prices will vary significantly based on location, quality, season and time.
Horseback rides $30 for 1 hour, $50 for 2 hours
Kayak rental at resort – $10 per hour
Cabin or Cottage Rental per night $125-$400
High Zip Line Family Package $385/night
Tent Camping $7/site/night
Nature Center Tour $5
Bike Rental $6 per half day $10/day
Birding Tour $19.95/half day
Whooping Crane Tours by Boat $500
Places To Visit
La Copita Ranch – Texas A&M University System Research and Demonstration Ranch Offering Tours.